Dawson Creek Curling Club Mandate, Mission, Vision and Operating Values Statement
To carry on and conduct a curling, recreational and social club and the game or pastime of curling.
To develop the best possible curling program and social experience for recreational and competitive curlers by providing superior playing conditions, excellent well-maintained facilities and a magnetic social atmosphere.
To be the preferred curling club for competitive and recreational curlers in the Peace Region and to be a recognized leader in curling club development in Canada.
We will work cooperatively, openly and honestly with other curling clubs, curling associations and members in order to develop the sport of curling
We will be professional in our working relationships with members and rental leagues
We will operate well organized, fair, open curling programs and competitions for all interested people aged 8 years and older
We will be fair with our curling sponsors and provide the best exposure and return possible to them for their investment
We will be fair with our suppliers and all others in our business dealings, demanding their best efforts, and dealing openly and honestly with respect to any issues
We will provide the necessary information and opportunities, in cooperation with other curling organizations, for curlers to develop their curling skills to the level they desire
We will work through curling volunteers to achieve excellence in performance in club events and recognize them for their efforts
We will maximize opportunities for volunteers to contribute their ideas, express their concerns and influence the development of the curling club
We will openly make all relevant information available to members.
Commitment to Members and Rental Leagues
The Dawson Creek Curling Club will provide the best possible facilities for the enjoyment of all aspects of the curling experience, including:
- Up to date ice making and plant equipment;
- Excellent ice conditions, including good rocks;
- Energy efficient equipment and lighting;
- Excellent bar, banquet, café and pro shop facilities;
- Comfortable seating and lounge amenities;
- An attractive and well-maintained building.
The Dawson Creek Curling Club will provide programs designed to cater to competitive and recreational curlers, including:
- League structures that meet the needs of all members, while encouraging junior curlers to choose the DCCC;
- Special events that promote the image of the club as the premier competitive club in the Peace Region;
- Special events that provide non-league opportunities for recreational curling and social interaction amongst members;
- Policies and rules of play that foster fair play and an enjoyable curling experience;
- A youth program that fosters the development – both of skill and appreciation for the game – of our younger curlers, and persuades them to stay in the sport through their teen years;
- Opportunities for skill development, including practice ice, clinics and related learning events.
- A food and beverage service that meets the needs of all members.
Finance and Administration
The Dawson Creek Curling Club will manage its affairs to support the excellence of its programs and facilities through:
- Stable and responsible short and long term financial planning, including
- maintaining a balanced operating budget, while continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our members;
- building a capital fund or providing for other funding options to finance capital asset replacement;
- developing sound financial policies and checks and balances respecting revenue and expenses.
- Effective management and governance of the club, including:
- an up-to-date constitution that meets the changing organizational needs of the club,
- a committee structure to provide a framework for the effective management of the club,
- Terms of References for each committee ensuring a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the Board of Directors;
- open communication between the Board, staff and club members.
Curling Club Development
The Dawson Creek Curling Club will carry out its responsibilities as a premier curling club by:
- Accelerating curling club development in Canada.
- Striving to set new precedents in all aspects of club management and policies
- Offering a better working environment for employees and a better social environment for members
- And being a leader in the development of curling at the club level.