GENERAL MANAGER'S UPDATE - MAY 30, 2017
Click here for the full 2016-17 Annual GM Report
GENERAL MANAGER'S UPDATE - mAY 18, 2016
The 2015-16 GM's Annual Report was presented to members at the AGM on May 17, 2016.
- Net profit $96,868.00 (not including a $500,000 grant for cement pad replacement)
- Increased membership by 70 members (28%)
- Bonspiel entries up, some substantially
- More league teams, successful new curling options
- Excellent ice conditions
- $40,000 in capital improvements completed & $50,000 set aside in a new capital reserve fund
- Increase in non-curling functions - 35 different functions using 58 different days
- Insurance claim from 2014-15 closure ongoing; expect resolve by Nov 2016
- Excellent relations with and contributions from the City of Dawson Creek
- Excellent community partnerships (see full report, the list is extensive)
- Hosting Alberta Senior Provincials - Feb 14-19, 2017. We'll showcase our facility, community and volunteers. Alberta's top 16 senior (age 50+) teams will be here!
- We'll continue to grow and improve our facility, our membership and our community service.
- We'll make capital improvements, increase junior memberships, make some positive changes to food/beverage services and a variety of day-to-day operations.
- We'll grow our sport in non-traditional markets.
- We'll nurture current partnerships and build new ones.